Tryouts for the 2014 Demopolis Dixie Youth Softball season will be held Feb. 22 at the Demopolis SportsPlex. In the event of foul weather, tryouts will be moved to Synergy the same day and time.
Times for try-outs and drafts are as follows:
• 4-6 year old Sweeties – No try-out;
• 7-8 year old Darlings – Saturday, February 22nd @ 10 a.m., SportsPlex Field 7;
• 9-10 year old Angels – Saturday, February 22nd @ noon, SportsPlex Field 7;
• 11-12 year old Ponytails – Saturday, February 22nd @ 2 p.m., SportsPlex Field 7.
Tryouts for the 13-15 age group will be announced at a later date.
Those wanting to register for this coming season may also register Saturday before their age group holds its tryout session.
The DDYSL board says registration numbers for this year are strong across all its age groups, making the Demopolis SportsPlex the place to be this spring.
“We’re looking forward to a very competitive season this year from 5 years old on up to our teenagers,” DDYSL President Jason Cannon said. “There is also usually a strong late registration push, so we’re expecting to have very good year with lots of girls.”
Registration forms are available online at at www.DemopolisYouthSoftball.com and you can find DDYSL on facebook at “Demopolis Youth Softball.”
For more information, please contact the player representatives for your child’s age group. They are:
• Kirk Stephens, tee-ball;
• Elizabeth Smith, 7-8 year-olds;
• Cobey Rowley, 9-10 year-olds;
• Carrie Jackson, 11-12 year-olds;
• Angie Weeks, 13-15 year-olds.
Other board members are Wanda Dunklin, Lee Jordan and Valley Harrison.
For those with children from outside Demopolis whose local Dixie Youth league did not have enough players to make a given age group, the Demopolis league is available for play. Parents wishing to capitalize on that opportunity must bring their children to the age-appropriate tryouts Saturday.